Aadhar Card Update: Check the process of updating or correction Name, Mobile no, Address, Father name, Mother name, Date of Birth on the adhar card or UID Card here. People are looking for address change, name change, DOB change or change of any other detail. A lot of people are looking for help in Aadhar Card Correction online. So we provide all the information if you want to change details on your aadhar Card number or want to make corrections in it.
The unique identification card is an important document. Hence, it is important to keep the aadhaar card updated with the correct information. To update or correct information on the card, one needs his/her registered number.
Registered number is the phone number that you filled in the aadhar card application form. It is possible that you might have lost that phone number. So if you want to update your phone number, and you do not have the old number, you cannot update aadhar card online.
However, online is not the only option to update details of UID Card. One can visit the aadhaar update/enrollment center or send update request by post. In case you want to update phone number without the old number, you need to visit the center. There is no other alternative for this situation.
Aadhar card address change:
Aadhar card address update is a very common query. A lot of people shift to a new location. So they need to update the address so that they can show the proof of identity. Let’s talk about the different methods to make the changes.
People can update their UID card offline and online. You can send update request by just sitting at home through the internet. If internet is not available, then you can visit the enrolment center. One can also send the application form by post. We will talk about all these in details.
Once you have submitted your request for Aadhar Card Address Change, you can track the status. It is very simple to check UID Card Update Status. We have given the steps for this in this article. The official website related to Aadhar Card Update and correction is ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/ssup-home.
Aadhar Card Update Online:
UIDAI has an Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal for this. First, take a look at the things you require to update details on the card. The list of requirements is below.
- Aadhaar Card Number.
- Registered mobile number.
- Scanned copy of the address, identity or DOB proof.
If you have the above items, you can update aadhar card online. Otherwise, you can go for the offline options. We have given the steps for aadhar card update online below.
- Go to the official website of updating aadhaar card.
- Now it will ask your Adhar Card Number.
- Enter your 12-digit UID Number.
- Enter the security code as mentioned.
- Now, click on Get OTP button in the end.
- Check your phone for the One Time Password.
- Enter the password in the page.
- Now select the field you want to update.
- The fields that can be changed are DOB, Name, Address or any other details.
- Enter the details in English and local language.
- After this, you need to upload the related proof document.
- Select the proper file and click on Upload button.
- Once the file upload is complete, you can submit the request.
- Finally, you will receive an Update Registration Number (URN).
- People can take a print out of the acknowledgment slip also.
The URN can be used to check update status of aadhar card. You can download the updated E-aadhar card online. Check our article on Aadhar Card Download to know more. Now we will discuss the online correction status.
UID card update status:
It takes time to process the update application. Meanwhile, one can check the status of the request online. One can check the Aadhar Status Enquiry by SMS. However, there is no offline method to check the update status of the card.
Hence, internet connection is necessary for this. You need the URN from the acknowledgment slip. Check the steps for Status checking below.
- Visit the Aadhar Card Official Website as mentioned above.
- Now click on Update Status link.
- The page of aadhar card correction status will open.
- One can go to this page directly by clicking here.
- It asks for aadhaar number and URN.
- So enter the required information.
- Now click on Get Status.
- The status will appear on the screen.
So as we can see checking UID Card Update Status is very easy. However, if there is any confusion, please comment in the section below. We will assist you with the appropriate solution. This concludes the online update and status tracking. Now we will check the offline method for Aadhar Card Update.
Aadhar card correction:
One can fill the correction form, at the update center or home. After filling the form, send it by post to the UIDAI office. Address of the office is in the correction form. Check the procedure of adhar card online correction below.
- Go to the official website of online aadhar card correction.
- Now click on Instructions.
- Next, click on “Instructions for sending documents by post”.
- Here you will find the link to download the request form.
- Download the request form directly by clicking here.
- You can get this form at the enrolment center also.
- Read the instructions carefully.
- You will find the list of valid POI and POA on this page.
- Fill all the details in the form carefully.
- After filling the form, keep it in an envelope with the supporting documents.
- Write “Aadhaar Update/Correction” at the top of the envelope.
- Send this to the office address as mentioned in the form.
Important instructions for update/correction:
Please keep the following things in mind when you are looking for aadhar card address change.
- The supporting documents should be in the list of acceptable documents. Click here to see the list of acceptable documents.
- There should be no cutting or overwrite in the form.
- The applications should be in a neat envelope and sealed properly.
- Write the aadhaar card number on each of the supporting documents.
- There is no fee for update or correction. So do not pay anyone for this service.
- Keep the URN safely for UID Card Update Status.
- Write the details in both English and local language.
If you have any problem in aadhar card update, contact us. We have a comment box below. Write your aadhar card correction queries there. Please share this article on social media website.